Wednesday, July 13, 2011

From Wedding Shower Invitation to Girl's Room Decoration - Part 1

In addition to making wedding shower cakes, I also made the general invitation for the wedding shower our church hosted.  Because we were inviting the entire congregation, I made one large invitation for posting in the Fellowship Room of the church.  I then made many small square reminders (time, place, etc.) for people to take home with them.  AND to display these small squares, I made a crepe paper rose invitation holder.


Basically, I removed the glass from a frame.  Cut some paper to fit the size of the frame.  Made some crepe roses (see the wonderful tutorial here:  http://danielleflanders.blogspot.com/2010/01/crepe-paper-roses.html) and adhered them to the paper.  I then put the frame backing and the paper with roses back into the frame.  Voila - a very easy, very inexpensive, but very classy invitation holder. 

In the picture you see a couple of the reminder cards on top of the roses but you can also stand the cards up in between the roses (as I did at the church).  Who knows why I didn't take a picture of that.  Shame on me.  :(

Anyways - I think the method of standing cards up between the roses could also be done with placecards, favor tags, etc.  I also think this would make a beautiful entrance piece in place of a wreath for a party or for a shower (think monogram on top of the roses and entire frame hung on a door).

Tomorrow I hope to post how I changed the invitation holder into a simple decor idea for a little girl's bedroom. 
Stay tuned...

Linking to these parties:  http://sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

  1. Adorable!

    I'd love for you to share it at my link party this evening. It will be open at 6:00 until Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I simply adore it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thank you and let you know that I am featuring your project tomorrow on my blog...

    Make sure you visit and button up ;)

    ReplyDelete