Monday, June 20, 2011
Dress Up Doll Snack
If you have a daughter then you know how much little girls love to play dress up! Why not carry that passion right into snack time with a dress up doll theme. Simply cut out little shapes from fruits and veggies for her to use when making her "doll" fancy.
* Dolls (there is another doll shape underneath in case my daughter wanted to decorate a second doll) - flour tortilla with strawberry cream cheese spread. Chocolate eyes, strawberry mouth, cheese hair.
* Muffin Cup #1 (top) - cranberries
* Muffin Cup #2 (top) - pear flowers
* Muffin Cup #3 (bottom) - avocado flowers
* Muffin Cup #4 (bottom) - strawberry flowers
* Garnishes - chocolate words and vines and blue fruit roll up flowers
Links to some items I used below - you should be able to find most in a craft or food decorating/kitchen specialty store. If not - there's always online shopping. I could not find a link to the exact girl cookie cutter I used, so I just posted a couple of links to some cute ones I found. :)
And of course, if you would like some more "snackspiration" - check out these two blogs: http://www.meetthedubiens.blogspot.com/ and http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/
Linking to: http://paisleypassions.blogspot.com/2011/07/fun-w-food-friday-linky-party_15.html