2 boxes of pencils + 1 cardboard circle + glue + embellishments
= 1 pretty cute back to school wreath! :)
Two recommendations I suggest after making this wreath:
1. Buy a chipboard (I think that is what you call it) or wooden wreath instead of making one from cardboard. Why? I think the chipboard or wooden one would be more sturdy and easier to work with.
2. Make sure the adhesive/glue you are using will stand up to the outside hot temperatures of your area.
To make this wreath:
1. Glue four pencils to your cardboard or chipboard as shown below, divided equally at the top and bottom and sides.
2. Glue another pencil in between each quarter created by the first pencils, trying to keep the same distance between each pencil.
3. Add yet another layer in between the pencils. Continue in this way until you have filled up the wreath to your satisfaction.
Here is a picture of what mine looked like:
4. Complete the wreath by adding your own creative embellishments (or ones your children come up with) to welcome in the new school year, then hang and enjoy!
Linking up to: